The carefree pet
  home  |  newsletter  |  view order  |  dogs  |  cats  |  horses  |  support  |  contact us
for dogs...
Natural Dog Care
Natural Dog Foods
Dog Health Problems
for cats...
Natural Cat Care
Natural Cat Foods
Cat Health Problems
for horses...
Natural Horse Care
Horse Health Problems
for all pets...
Natural Pet Foods
Pet Health Problems




little dog



FREE SHIPPING on all pet supply orders over $59


What Are Allergies?

Simply a Reaction!

An allergy is the body's intense reaction to a substance called an allergen that can be inhaled through the lungs, ingested through the mouth, or absorbed by the skin. Often, when these substances are eliminated, symptoms do seem to decrease. Pets exhibit their distress by scratching and biting their bodies, by digestive upsets, bad body odor, and poor coats and by their difficulty in breathing and/or anxieties.

Many pet owners feel frustrated because they treat allergies year after year, yet there is a little long-term relief. As time passes the symptoms generally get worse. Owners will try almost anything. They will eliminate the supposed substance that is causing the trouble. They will search for the next medication or dietary change that might work. Usually, with each passing season, the animal becomes weaker, the medications become less effective and the diets prove to be a waste of money. It's an endless and desperate battle.

"Allergies are common when the body is not cared for as nature intended. As time passes, the pet's immune system gets weaker, placing additional stress on the body's other systems, until the whole body breaks down. It is common to see the more serious diseases, such as cancer, in older animals with a history of allergies." Dr. Newman

Dr. Newman's findings are that many allergies are simply an indication of an imbalance in the immune system, not a true sensitivity to one substance. She found that fewer than 20% of animals with suspected allergies have been diagnosed correctly, and that the remaining 80% are fighting a depressed immune system and an unbalanced diet.

Allopathic veterinary medicine, our country's standard medical care, does not yet fully understand how the immune system works. It lumps symptoms under a general diagnosis and tries to suppress them, rather than treating the whole body. Even holistic care can temporarily suppress symptoms!

The trick to reversing allergies is to first build up the body's ability to do so. Here's a short scenario on how the body works: A pet's body is constantly being confonted with dangerous substances in the environment (pesticides in the house, for instance), by the commercial pet food they eat containing animal by-product, rancid animal fat and grain by-product (all common pet food ingredients). Waste products build-up in the body and the whole digestive system suffers. The skin, the largest eliminatory organ, then takes on the challenge of releasing those wastes. This results in pimples, rashes, hotspots, and a lowered resistance. Scratching is common! Urea, a waste product of protein digestion, promotes a gout-like condition, resulting in foot-chewing and licking.

Steroids, commonly used to reduce inflammation, will temporarily reduce the symptoms. The explanation is simple- the steroid will reduce the symptoms by reducing the reaction to a toxin yet not tackle the underlying problem- a depressed immune system. It is understandable that the pet will not get better in the long run, and will probably get worse.

To strengthen the immune system, it's necessary to cleanse the body of toxins. In Dr. Newman's experience, supplements and homeopathic or herbal remedies will help to assure that the fundamental imbalance is corrected. It will also help to maintain the balance of your pet's blood sugar and hormones to feed your pet at least twice per day and sometimes more, if needed. Do provide proper grooming and an emotionally stable environment. You will find that this regime will foster a strong immune system and the allergies will disappear.

The best offense for an allergic pet is a strong offense. The first step is to get a proper diagnosis from your veterinarian to insure that you are not dealing with a serious illness. Whatever the problem- serious or minor- there are many natural protocols you can successfully follow.

Above all, do not give up prematurely. There are no magic bullets. You will have to remind yourself frequently that the more compromised an animal's health, and the longer the suffering, the longer it may take to rebalance the body, but it is possible.



products: dogs | cats | horses |
join our newsletter | view order | customer service | friends | articles | about us | contact us | home
Wholesale Pet Supply | Pet Supply Dropship

The Carefree Pet
6781 Outlook Drive, Tucson, AZ 85756
Toll-free: 888-595-6061

Copyright © 2017 The Carefree Pet. All Rights Reserved.

Hosting by LiquidWeb